Friday, June 03, 2005

Meeting The Man

Yup. That's really it.  'The Man.'Ah yes, The Man. AKA the spicest hot sauce this side of the Mississippi.

You see, here at MS we have this team lead and he seems to be a nice guy and all, even offering to take an extended lunch out to a popular barbecue joint - Dixie's. Awesome. Or is it? I kid you not, after Gene Porter (friendly guy, owner of Dixie's, and maker of "The Man") slopped an over generous 1/3 teaspoon (1/3 teaspoon? Is that it? Come up and try some, then. I dare you) on my plate, I barely touched the stuff with my fork and it felt like a forest fire was set ablaze in my mouth and was going to engulf my whole head.

I'm glad the other blokes had a good laugh while I proceeded to drink half the tub of water and used a small tree's worth of napkins to whipe the unending sweat beading from my forehead.

Oh yeah, and have your money and order ready when you get to the register or you'll be made a fool. Think "No soup for you. One year!" The experience is absolutely terrific.

Next time you're in Redmond (or even the Seattle area), Go meet The Man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home