Saturday, June 04, 2005

Trombipulator

Trombipulation @ Big Time Brewery
So I get lost because Seattle's got two sets of every street. There's a University Ave/Street/whatever on one side of the 520 with its corresponding 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. streets, and another with matching numbered streets on the other. Luckily people here are nice and gave me directions to University and 41st on the other side of town. Did I mention that people up here are nice? Like genuinely nice? Not everyone, but a good deal. To the people of San Diego and the rest of Southern California, the world doesn't revolve around you. Yeah, sorry.

Anyway, met up with the UK guys down in the University area. There's this place called Big Time Brewery and they've got this beer called The Trombipulator. 10% alcohol of pure joy. It's so awesome that they don't sell it in pitchers. You can only order by the pint, and if you can't say "Trombipulator" when ordering, they close your tab. No joke. Ah, but there's a workaround. Just as for "The Trom."

Anyhow, we go to Pioneer Square later on that night and Nick and Pete accompany me to find a parking spot. It's a few blocks away, but no big deal. So we're walking back, j-walking, like normal downtown patrons.

Why aren't all those people crossing? There aren't any cars about at all.

OH.

Hello, officer

Officer 1: So you boys mind telling me why we have these crosswalk lights?
Jarold: I uh...um...
Officer 2: Any reason why we shouldn't make you guys pretty car hood decorations?
Pete: ...
Nick: ...
Well, uh...sorry?
There are a lot of drunk drivers around be careful.
Will do! Thanks, sir.

And thenceforth I was known as "J-walk" at the poker table.

Oh, and I think I have a poker name for Warren. "Tiger." Aparently, the American pronunciation is the only one understandable in Thai Restaurants.

More pics from that day (pre-Pioneer Square)
on my fotopage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home