Sunday, July 24, 2005

Fisherman's Revisited

For the sake of keeping this blog from becoming "The Poker Blog" where I bitch about my skill in losing, I'll only briefly mention that this week all of us "veterans" were utterly destroyed. I won't mention by whom (Kristie).

Anyhow, on Saturday I somehow managed to go shopping and not actually buy anything. A huge accomplishment of will on my part. I was almost successful, however, in coaxing Kristie into buying the same jacket in two different colors. This shopping sickness isn't something a guy should possess.

Back to The Waterfront since Kristie has grown quite fond of it. Some 7 o'clock photos were taken showing how late the sun goes down here. You all in England may not be impressed, but those of us from closer to the equator are quite amazed (yes, with a Zed, deal with it) by a 10 PM sunset.

Had some dinner at Fisherman's again with most of the Teleca gang. Warren got a new camera that both Matt and I are lusting for just a little too much. Pat always seems to bring the entertainment wherever we go. Between the mashing of crackers after already dumping them into the clam chowder, and asking the waiter for a tablecloth, much laughter ensued:

Waiter: Is there anything more I can help you with?
Pat: Yes. Do you have a blanket?
Waiter: ...uh...no, sir, we don't.
Pat: Because it's quite chilly. How about a tablecloth?
Waiter: ...I wouldn't wrap myself in one of those.
Pat: Well, in Sweden they give you blankets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home